Ruraq Maki thrives off your support, however, making a donation is not the only way you can help us. Here are five simple, free ways you can support Ruraq Maki and have a powerful impact on the women we work with.
1. Connect: Did you know that Ruraq Maki is on Facebook and Twitter? Like us, follow us, and subscribe to this blog. Join our mailing list and receive monthly updates about the organization. By staying up to date with our work, you help make the lives and issuing facing the women more visible.
2. Share, Share, Share: Share our content with your friends! Forward our monthly newsletter to others who may be interested. The more people who know about our work, the better chance we have for success.
3. Donate Prizes to our Upcoming Silent Auction: In June we will be holding our annual silent auction fundraising event and we need prizes such as gift certificates to local businesses, museums, restaurants, hair stylists, dance or yoga studios, and any other place you frequent. Are you crafty type? Donate a handmade item! Ruraq Maki is a 501(c)3 nonprofit and all donations are tax deductible. To make a donation email: email@example.com.
4. Volunteer for our Event: We need volunteers leading up to the event and the day of the event. There are many types of jobs and something for everyone! For a list of opportunities or to volunteer contact Amanda at firstname.lastname@example.org.
5. Become a Long-term Volunteer: As a small organization committed to collaborative decision making, our volunteers make an enormous impact on the organization’s growth and programs. Consider volunteering on a long term basis and lending your special skills to Ruraq Maki. Click here to see a list of long-term volunteer opportunities.